Friday 26 October 2012

Concept doc progress

Ok so my concept doc is all written up and i'm now putting it into the layout design on photoshop. I went through a bunch of different designs before settling on which one worked well. Most of them were monochrome because i tend to prefer the high contrast look of it and it works with the games theme of things fading over time. I was told not to do gery because it looks bland and negative so i've gone for more of a sepia old memory type theme with cracks progressively growing throughout the document. I have some pictures of some of the finished early pages.


I like how it looks for the most part but i do kind of feel it looks a little empty. As the pages go on the crack at the top will grow, i've not got to the last page yet but i'm hoping it doesn't start looking messy.

I have also done more work on the front cover, changing it to sepia too and adding the crack idea. I will now be adding some of the later artwork into the shards.


No comments:

Post a Comment